The Brooks Macdonald Foundation was created in 2011 and since then has donated more than £120,000 to 100 different charities. All donations are to charities nominated by our staff.
The Foundation aims to benefit from the growth of the Group and provides a forum for fundraising concepts, as well as channelling the enthusiasm of staff into meaningful support.
Funds are generated through a number of channels, including:
- Corporate donations
- An employee Give as You Earn scheme
- Company and individual fundraising events
- Donations from friends, family and clients
In addition, for every meeting held within a Brooks Macdonald office £1 is donated by the Group to the Foundation.
Our employees have taken part in events ranging from sponsored cycle rides and hikes to a cricket match at Lord’s to raise money. Three of the key organisations that have benefitted are listed below:
- Fields of Life: this is a charity that works in East Africa. It is committed to collaborating with communities to bring about positive change through the provision of quality education, clean water, health promotion and other community-based projects.
- Barnardo’s Spring Hill School: the school provides a special education and care service for young people who have a wide range of learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
- The Sunshine Coach Project: run by the Variety Club, this project raises money to buy specially adapted minibuses to take ill, disabled and disadvantaged children on trips. We raised the £20,000 needed to buy one minibus.
The Foundation’s committee consists of seven members from around the Group and is chaired by Investment Team Director Edward Channing. It meets once a month to consider applications for funding from staff and new ideas for raising money. The standard amount each successful applicant receives is £750, although there are exceptions when this is increased.
You can donate to the Brooks Macdonald Foundation here.