Brooks Macdonald is hosting an Insight Day for school leavers and sixth form students. This is a one-day course designed to introduce you to the world of investment management and the different areas of our business. We hope this will provide you with useful information to help you make more informed career choices, and will also give you the opportunity to meet a variety of people who work across our business. We host Insight Days aimed at a variety of age categories from school students in year 12-13, school leavers, university students and graduates.
You’ll be given an insight into the way our business works, what it is like to operate in our markets and how a typical day unfolds for one of our Investment Managers. You will also get the opportunity to chat and ask questions to our employees, look round our offices and get a taste of what it's like to work at Brooks Macdonald. We’ll also keep you busy with plenty of fun and educational activities, including group exercises, interesting information sessions and networking opportunities. A sample of what you can expect at one of our Insight Days can be found below:
- Welcome to Brooks Macdonald: An introduction where you’ll learn about our history and our story so far
- Company overview: There are four areas to the Brooks Macdonald group - investment management, financial consulting, fund management and property management. We’ll teach you a little bit about each area and what makes us different to the rest of the market.
- Challenges/opportunities for the industry: We’ll inform you about our target markets, our services and the opportunities for the investment industry. We’ll also explore some of the challenges that we tackle on a day to day basis.
- Careers fair: Meet with key individuals from around our business who will give you an insight into each area they work in. They’ll give you in depth information on different roles within their departments and what steps you should take to kick start your career in their chosen sector.
- Lunch with trainees: Here you will have the opportunity to network with our trainees from investment management, new business development and financial consulting and get to find out what it's really like working in professional services. You’ll get the chance to chat to them about qualifications, study, work and the realities of transitioning into the workplace.
- Investment process: In this session you will hear from one of our Investment Directors who will explain how our investment processes works and the importance of our research team.
- Building your career: You will hear from a senior member of our team about the skills and qualities that have helped them to be successful in their career and important things to consider when making career decisions.